You know how it happens – you bite down on something hard, you have been ignoring a cavity, you take a blow to the mouth, or you have had a root canal. Now, you need a dental crown to keep your tooth from being further damaged. Any time that teeth are so badly damaged that that they cannot be repaired using conventional fillings, the solution is either implants or dental crowns. The facts about dental crowns are available from your Merrick dentist, but here is a quick overview.
- Dental crowns restore badly decayed or damaged teeth.
- Dental crowns are also used to cover dental implants.
- One of the lesser known dental crowns facts is that a dental crown is also often used to anchor a dental bridge, which is a prosthesis that fills a gap left by missing teeth.
- Dental crowns are custom-made to match the shape and color of your natural teeth.
- Dental crowns are considered a full restoration, but they are actually hollow – they form caps over your damaged teeth.
- Dental crowns used to take a long time to be made and installed, but thanks to modern CEREC technology, your dentist can make and install your dental crowns in a single visit.
- By having a dental crown installed, you can avoid usually avoid having an extraction.
- Dental crowns last a long time – up to 15 years, usually.
These dental crowns facts should give you some idea as to why they are one of the most preferred methods of restoring dental damage. If you still have questions or concerns, your Merrick dentist has the information that you need.
Contact Port Washington Dental Care for Dental Crowns
When you contact us at Port Washington Dental Care for information about dental crowns, we will give you the facts, and will also be happy to arrange a consultation for you with Dr. Tassos Katechis. You do not have to suffer with damaged teeth, so call us at 516-378-1725.